Amounts given per 450g/1lb Fresh Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Kentish Oils Cold Pressed Rapeseed Oil, plus extra for drizzling after roasting
- 1/2tsp Sea Salt Flakes
- 1/4tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Small Handful Fresh Basil Leaves
- Wash and dry the tomatoes.
- Cut large tomatoes in half and leaver smaller ones on the vine.
- Place the tomatoes on to a baking tray and drizzle over the oil.
- Sprinkle over with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place in the centre of the oven and roast for 45 minutes.
- As soon as the tomatoes are cooked remove from the oven.
- Using a fish slice or slotted spoon to carefully transfer the roasted tomatoes to a serving plate.
- Roughly chop the basil leaves and scatter over the tomatoes.
- Finally drizzle a little oil over the tomatoes and leave until warm, not hot, before serving.
For the original recipe visit Feasting is Fun.