This soup is quick to make and is given a flavour boost by two of our most popular oils. If you want to keep it vegetarian replace the chorizo with a seed mix. Quantities can be doubled or trebled easily if you have a big group to feed.
- 1 small white onion finely diced
- 2 tbsp Kentish Oils Rapeseed with garlic
- 2 tbsp Kentish Oils Rapeseed with chilli
- Approx. 50g chorizo cut into tiny pieces
- 400g can cannellini beans
- 400ml vegetable stock to fill the empty can
- A few sprigs of thyme
- In a deep pan gently sauté the onion in the 2 tbsp of garlic oil until soft and translucent and just beginning to colour.
- Pick the small thyme leaves from the woody stems and add to the onion, stirring through for a minute or so.
- Add the entire contents of the can of beans to the pan.
- Fill the empty can with a good vegetable stock (cubes or melts are fine for soups) swill around and add to the pan.
- Bring to the boil and then allow to simmer for around 15-20 minutes giving the beans a chance to soften nicely.
- Whilst the soup is finishing, gently fry the chorizo pieces in the chilli oil until crisp. Remove from the beat but do not discard the oil.
- With a hand blender or food processor blend the soup until smooth.
- Serve with a few pieces of the crispy chorizo on top and a good drizzle of the chilli cooking oil.