- 2 x free range chicken breasts
- Bread, to make breadcrumbs
- Egg, lightly beaten
- Plain Flour, seasoned
- Kentish Oils rapeseed oil blended with garlic
- 50g butter (softened)
- Handful of wild garlic
- Finely chop the wild garlic (easiest with scissors) and combine with the butter. For a stronger garlic taste, add a crushed clove of garlic.
- Shape into a ‘sausage’ shape, using cling film and leave to cool in the fridge.
- Make your breadcrumbs, adding a drizzle of Kentish Oils rapeseed oil blended with garlic before the bread is crumbed. This will add extra flavour and ensure that the breadcrumbs turn a golden brown when cooked.
- Make a small incision in the chicken breasts, making a pocket & fill with slices of the garlic butter, making sure that the opening is pushed closed as much as possible, to prevent the garlic butter escaping while cooking.
- Coat the chicken breasts first in the plain flour, then in the eggs and finally in the breadcrumbs.
- Place on a baking tray (with sides to catch any butter) and cook for approximately 40 minutes at 180 degrees or until the breadcrumbs are crisps & golden and the chicken is cooked through.
Serve with mash, carrots & spring greens.