- Kentish Oils Lemon rapeseed oil
- Chick peas
- Toasted almonds
- North African spices
- 1 Egg
- Heat up a good slug (1-2 tbs) of oil in a heavy bottomed pan. In the meantime, chop 4 medium tomatoes, an aubergine, a courgette and a pepper into chunks. Note, I have left out onions since I want this recipe to be quick, therefore the garlic oil is a brilliant alternative. Do not use onions unless you have more than 30 minutes to cook.
- Fry off your tomatoes until they start to break down. You could use homemade tomato sauce as your base but no shop bought jars. They will detract from it.
- Once breaking down, add the rest of the veg. and let it catch and brown to add depth of flavour.
- Once coloured a little, add some spice. I used a heaped tsp of smoked paprika for a middle eastern finish but cumin and fennel work well too.
- Stir through and add another slug (1Tbs) of garlic and herb oil and leave to bubble with a lid on for 10 mins. Until the veg is soft.
- Two minutes before the end, fry an egg and serve on top with soft herbs, chilli and sea salt.